The word to the founder and president of the Association
My name is Oksana Mader. My husband Peter and I live in Benalmadena for many years. I have discovered the wonderful art of patchwork in 2012. Since then I've won the first prize in the category" My first quilt " at the ArtQuilt Festival in Birmingham ( Great Britain) After my victory I' ve been invited to display my work "Kaleidoscope of my Life&Love" at the Alexandra Palace in London and later at the Royal Hall Harrogate International Centre.
The City Council of Benalmádena and we ( my husband and I ) have organized The First International Exhibition of ArtQuilts and Patchwork.
This exhibition have passed in Castle Bil-Bil in September 1-11, 2017.
The exhibition caused a very wide positive resonance in Europe.
We have invited patchwork artists from England, Russia, Ukraine, Spain and Germany. The artists not only have exhibited their art, but also have donated some of their masterpieces towards charity. Their works were not only showned at the exhibition, but also partially exhibited at a charity auction in favor of the hospice Cudeca (CUDECA HOSPICE BENALMÁDENA), which is also in our city.
About our project LuckyQuilters International
In connection with the First Annual International Art Quilt and Patchwork Exhibition in 2017, the non-commercial cultural and charity Association LuckyQuilters International was established and registered.
Our motto is: "Making the World a better place with Art!".
Our main mission is to popularize the interethnic traditions of Patchwork and Art Quilt among the inhabitants of the whole world who visit the south of Spain and unite people of different nationalities who are keen on Art Quilt and Patchwork art, for further communication, friendship and implementation of joint charitable projects.
Special conditions for members of our association
- Free participation in the exhibition-competition, which will be held annually in September in Benalmadena (Malaga, Spain):
• For professionals of art quilting and patchwork - in the castle of Bil-Bil
• For hobby patchworkists - in the park of La Paloma
- The opportunity to personally get acquainted with professional quilts - participants of personal expositions at the exhibition.
- The opportunity to show their works on our website www.luckyquilers.com, on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LuckyQInternational/ and at the annual September exhibition in Benalmadena (Malaga, Spain)
- The opportunity to participate annually in charitable and commercial projects.
For the first time in 2018, we organized a new campaign in support of the initiative of the Association Kölner Herzkissen e.V. (Cologne, Germany), who sews pillows in the form of a heart to assist in the rehabilitation of women who have undergone an operation to remove breast cancer. All our participants will bring pillow covers with their own design, created specifically for this Association. Photos of the covers and a personal photo of a good quality (portrait of a craftswoman who made covers) will need to be sent to our e-mail: email@example.com
- The annual membership fee of the member is
25 €, of which 2 € will go to support the hospice "Cudeca".
With best wishes from Benalmadena,
Your LuckyQuilters International team!
If you like our project,
Join us and bring your best friends to us!