Our friends on Las Flores
Santiago Arco Ávila is a great friend of LuckyQuilters International. His bar Las Flores is supporting our association. And we would like to acquaint you more closely with this remarkable person and his cozy location.
If you want to taste authentic Spanish cuisine and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of Andalusia, then choose pubs and restaurants away from the sea, those where the locals go. As, for example, this bar Las Flores. The friendly atmosphere prevails here. With a glass of wine you can get acquainted with all the guests and start dancing with them.
The owner of the bar is Santi (Santiago Arco Ávila). He used to sell furniture, but 10 years ago, when the crisis broke out, he decided to do the restaurant business. It was a risk and it did worked. In times of crisis, a bar with low prices immediately attracted attention. Santi confessed that he could not cook badly, because next time nobody would come to him. Here the word of mouth is working.
Today Bar Las Flores is one of the most popular location of the Arroyo de La Miel district in Benalmadena. Here are nice prices and very tasty food. You can order coffee and tapas and pay 1.5 euros for it. And if you come for lunch or dinner, order hot dish and wine, then the average bill will be around 12 - 15 euros.
Once a month, there is a tasting evening tonight. For 25 euros you get a delicious dinner and an opportunity to try 6 varieties of wines - drink as much as you can. Octopus on the grill, beef cheeks, fresh fish, grilled meat are in great demand. And these portions are twice as large as on the coast.
We decided to ask Santi a few questions:
- What do the Spaniards eat for breakfast?
- El pitufo. This is a toasted piece of bread, which is already added to your taste ... more often it is olive oil and mashed tomatoes. But we always have a great variety, the other day we offered appetizing meat.
- Do celebrities come to your bar?
- Yes, but we do not distinguish them among all. The artists from "Gran Hermano" came. The most important thing is that good people come, but no matter what nationality, which countries, famous or not.
- Why do you support LuckyQuilters?
- If someone does such good things as you do, then how can you stay away. I want to support you. And I really like that you are out of politics, you are doing it from the heart with great love for Spain.